Linda’s Book Bag Top Reads of 2015
Even though I only began blogging in February, I found it almost impossible to compile a list of just my favourite ten reads of 2015 in readiness for an ‘Ask the Blogger’ event that is happening on The Book Club on Facebook on Thursday 7th January 2016. Consequently I have cheated slightly and gone for a choice of 12 with three special categories added. So here they are. If you click on the book title you can see my review of the book.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank all the authors, publishers and bloggers who’ve welcomed me so warmly into the blogging world, given advice, been prepared to be interviewed and have provided books. My apologies to those still awaiting a review. I promise I haven’t forgotten and will get to the book as soon as I can.
Book of the Year
Jakob’s Colours by Lindsay Hawdon
Best Crime Fiction Book
Cracked by Barbra Leslie
Best Audio Book
How to be Brave by Louise Beech
Top 12 Reads (in no particular order except roughly the order in which I read them)
- Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
- A Man Called Ove By Fredrik Backman
- Song of the Sea Maid by Rebecca Mascull
- The Silent Hours by Cesca Major
- Devastation Road by Jason Hewitt
- The Prodigal by Nicky Black
- The Tea Planter’s Wife by Dinah Jeffries
- The Sea Between Us by Emylia Hall
- My Everything by Katie Marsh
- Untouchable by Ava Marsh
- The Turning Point by Freya North
- The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon
I have to be honest and say that there were so many others that could equally well have been included and were also 5 star reads so please have a look through my blog to see what else is there. In the end I chose books that I find myself still thinking about almost daily.
I’d like to thank EVERY author whose book I’ve read whatever my personal view of it was. You all bring so much joy to so many people.
Happy New Year!